Penguin Random House
Words of Art Game
A creative, collaborative card game for art lovers featuring 150 works from renowned collector and philanthropist Agnes Gund’s never-before-published private art collection.
Perfect for Family Game Nights. In this Apples to Apples-style game, players feast their eyes and exercise their brains as they challenge friends and family to come up with the art card that best expresses the verbal prompt given by the designated Storyteller.
Open your eyes to an astonishing collection of contemporary art by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. The cards feature art from a wide range of artists, from world famous (Jasper Johns, Romare Bearden, Warhol, Louise Bourgeois) to newer stars (Sarah Sze, Nick Cave, Teresita Fernandez). Over half the works are made by women artists and over a third by artists of color.
- 150 different works of art to draw from creates a different experience every time you play.
- Reinforces language and vocabulary development as well as creativity and imagination.
- 4 or more players
- Playing time 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Contains 150 cards, sample prompt card, 16 tokens and rule book
- Authors: Catherine Gund (daughter of art collector Agnes Gund) and Pentagram
- Ages 8 and up